I received free samples from Bumble Bee Seafoods that are mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Bumble Bee Seafoods and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Tuna salad sandwiches on toast are one of my favorite ways to eat tuna. I like tuna in most anything. I have fond memories growing up of tuna casseroles. It’s now 2015—and tuna is not just for noodles anymore!
Tuna, and canned seafood in general, is a convenient, affordable, nutritious and delicious way to make sure you and your family are eating enough seafood. The average person does not consume the recommended amount of seafood for a balanced diet. In June 2014, the FDA and EPA put out a report encouraging everyone to eat at least 8 to 12 ounces (2 to 3 servings) of seafood per week. Sadly, most American diets fall short.
One way to meet your seafood needs is to use canned tuna. I’m not talking about the kind that is mostly water, and looks like the can is half empty. I really like solid white tuna. The Albacore variety is my favorite! Tuna is an excellent source of protein, is high in Selenium and Niacin, a good source of Vitamins B6 and B10, and free from Saturated Fat. It is so versatile to use too!
Canned tuna should be one of your staple items in your to use for quick, healthy meals when you are on the run! Place some in a tortilla as a wrap. Use tuna on your lettuce salad. Replace the hamburger in your quesadillas with tuna for a hot, melty dish. The ideas are endless! One of my favorite invented recipes came out of shear business. I threw it together one morning on my way out the door for my lunch—and it was terrific! Give it a try!
For more great recipes check out these other Recipe Redux blogs!
For more information tasty recipes, check out these sites!
- Website: http://www.bumblebee.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Bumble-BeeSeafoods
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BumbleBeeFoods
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bumblebeefoods
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/BumbleBeeFoods
- 3 cans Bumblebee Albacore Tuna in Water
- 1 bag Frozen Southwestern Blend Vegetables
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup low-fat Ranch
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic salt
- Prepare vegetables as per instructions on bag. Drain tuna and place in a bowl with spices, and cooked vegetable mix. Add onion and Ranch. Mix. Can be served warm or chilled. I prefer it chilled the next day.