This week with all the goodies we received from Wenninghoff’s CSA I was able to make salsa, bruschetta, Carrot-Cumin Slaw, butternut squash, green beans, stir fry with broccoli, onions, and red pepper. Below are recipes for the Carrot-Cumin Slaw, thank you Martha Stewart and a very simple recipe for Butternut Squash.
Check out that huge head of cabbage!
3 c. green cabbage, cored and shredded
1 ¾ c. carrots, coarsely grated
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
¼ c. canola oil
2 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
3 T. cilantro, chopped
½ t. cumin, ground
salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, and jalapeno. Drizzle with oil and lime juice. Add cilantro and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 hours to allow flavors to develop.
- Clean under running water.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove Seeds.
- Place in baking dish, cut side down with 1/2 cup water.
- Bake: 45 minutes at 350F. Done when tender.
- Season with salt, butter, and Parmesan cheese, or brown sugar and cinnamon.