This week in our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) bag from Wenninghoff’s we received Nebraska grown broccoli, green beans, zucchini and tomatoes. I decided to try my hand at making zucchini bread, in the form of muffins so that my children would be more likely to try it. They really liked it. Click here to view the “Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread,” recipe that I made. I also made a low calorie version broccoli salad and roasted green beans with mushrooms and parmesan. The zucchini muffins were a bit time consuming but the other two dishes were quick and easy. Our blog will be updated weekly. We will be sharing the recipes we make using CSA fresh produce.
4 cups fresh broccoli florets
¼ cup red onion, diced
3 tablespoons craisins
2 tablespoons dry roasted sunflower seeds
¼ cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- Combine the broccoli, onion, and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, orange juice, and mayonnaise until blended.
- Pour over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms and Parmesan
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced in ½ inch slices
1 pound fresh green beans
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash mushrooms, dry and cut into ½ inch slices.
- Wash and trim the end of the green beans.
- Put beans and mushrooms into a plastic bag or bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil and balsamic, pour over and mix to coat the beans and mushrooms.
- Arrange on a cookie sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook until beans are tender-crisp.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!