Is summer usually this hot? In Omaha, Nebraska today it is going to be 98° degrees with a heat index of 115°. Luckily I work inside but many people are not as lucky. It is so important to stay hydrated during this extreme heat. Beat the heat by enjoying an easy and nutritious beverage, a smoothie. Smoothie is defined as a drink made from fruits, juices, vegetables, crushed ice, etc., usually with milk or yogurt, whipped in a blender until smooth.
|1 c. yogurt, plain||1 banana, peeled|
|6 strawberries||1 t. vanilla|
|1 c. pineapple, canned in juice||4 ice cubes|
Place all ingredients in a blender and process on high until smooth. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information per Serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 1.5 g (2% DV), Saturated Fat 1 g (4% DV), Cholesterol 5 mg (2% DV), Sodium 60 mg (2% DV), Total Carbohydrate 31 g (10% DV), Dietary Fiber 2 g (10% DV), Sugars 26 g, Protein 5 g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
Check out 11 more low cost and easy Smoothie Recipes and Summer Beverages Recipes submitted by nutrition professionals through the Recipe Redux blog!
- Dr. Barb, Nutrition Budgeteer Triple Cherry Chiller
- Carlene Helble, Carlene’s Figments Mint Berry Seltzer
- Kara Lydon, Peace, Love, and Food Blueberry Basil Lemonade Fizz
- Deanna Segrave-Daly, Teaspoon of Spice Cantaloupe Basil Aqua Fresca Fizz
- Jessica Fishman Levinson, Nutritioulicious Blueberry Basil Cooler
- Marie Spano, Performance Nutrition Post-Workout Power Smoothie
- Elizabeth Jarrard, Don’t White Sugar-Coat It Southern Blackberry Smash
- Emily Greenfield, The Nutriscientist Apple, pear and strawberry smoothie with Chia
- Kristen Bourque- Swanky Dietitian Fresh Fruit and Club Soda Cooler
- Regan Jones – The Professional Palate Berry-Lime Bubbly
- Kat Lynch – Eating the Week Sparkling melon fizz – nice & naughty
- Lisa @ Healthful Sense Berry Refreshing Chia Seed Smoothie
- Alysa Bajenaru – Inspired RD Blackberry Banana Swirl
- Ann Dunaway Teh, Eat to Nourish, Energize & Flourish Pregnancy Mocktails
- Yuri – Chef Pandita Green Tea Ginger Limeade with Chia Seeds
- Cherie Schetselaar-Grain Crazy Mango Strawberry Smoothie
- Emma Stirling – The Scoop on Nutrition Recipe Redux Tangelo-ad
- Diane Welland, Eatwell Eatclean Watermelon Ginger-Lime Aqua Fresca
- EA Stewart–Summertime Gingery Peach Float
What is your favorite summer beverage recipe?