“I received beef product mentioned in this post at no cost. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the Beef Checkoff and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Lean Beef + Grilling + Flavors of Mexico = Spice Rubbed Steak with Corn and Black Bean Salsa
I originally made the spice rubbed steak with corn and black bean salsa for a sit down meal, with garlic bread and watermelon. I had enough leftover to wrap it in tortilla shells with a bit of grated cheese the following day. And I have to say it was just as good the second day as it was the first.
Besides the great taste, and the nutrients in lean beef, such as protein, iron and B vitamins, it can help you satisfy your appetite, maintain a healthy weight and build muscles. Protein can also fuel your active lifestyle by providing energy. Check out Beef’s Big 10. . .
Sponsor website & social sites:
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped fine
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1-lb Sirloin Tip Steak
- For the Salsa: Take the corn on the cob and rub with vegetable oil. Grill over medium high heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Turning as to keep from burning. Take off grill and cool, until able to handle. Cut kernels off the cob into small bowl. Stir in black beans, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, and juice of one lime. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until flavors blend.
- For the Steak: Combine chipotle powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper. Pat steak dry with paper towels, then rub spice mixture evenly over the steak -front and back. Grill over indirect heat on prepared gas grill. Cook (covered) turning once, until steak is charred on both sides and registers 120 to 125 degrees (for medium rare), 6 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board, and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice steak against grain. Serve with corn and black bean salsa.
As the first and only recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians. The Recipe ReDux aims to inspire the food lover in every healthy eater and inspire the healthy eater in every food lover. Thank you for visiting. We hope you enjoy.